Comprehension Icons & Poster Set, Item: 529
Comprehension Icons & Poster Set
by Smekens Education
Consider introducing reading comprehension strategies that will allow you to build concepts in reading throughout the year. Reading is an invisible skill. One way to make it more visual and concrete is to use icons and triggers to help students “get it.” Just like icons and toys make the 6 Traits come alive, there are Smekens original icons and triggers for the different reading comprehension strategies as well.
This product includes:
- An introductory page & brief letter from Kristina Smekens
- A rationale page that includes a specific explanation for how each icon was created intentionally as a way to trigger understanding of the skill it represents
- Six Smekens original Reading Comprehension Icons—placed in a Word document to copy & resize. Use to create readers’ notebook pages, comprehension reminder bookmarks, assignment rubrics, displays for bulletin boards, etc. (NOTE: For classroom use only—NOT for commercial use)
- Retelling/Summarizing Ideas
- Determining Main Idea
- Visualizing Ideas
- Asking Questions
- Making Connections
- Synthesizing Ideas
- Recommended resources when teaching these strategies
- Six 8.5 x 11” posters—one for each reading comprehension strategy
Grades 1-12, 12-page downloadable PDF (Acrobat) Document File + 12-page Word Document (Product Note: This is a digital item. A download link will be sent via email after purchase. No physical products will be shipped.)
Teachers are encouraged to make classroom sets of digital downloads. However, please refrain from sharing the download beyond your classroom.
Comprehension Icons & Poster Set by Smekens Education Solutions, Inc. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at http://www.smekenseducation.com/.
We Also Recommend
The Writing Parent Pack Digital Edition, Item: 501
The Reading Parent Pack Digital Edition, Item: 500