The 6 Traits in the Writing Process Poster Set, Item: 538
The 6 Traits in the Writing Process Poster Set
by Kristina Smekens
To help students successfully negotiate their way through the writing process, demonstrate how the 6 Traits of Writing fit within each stage (pre-write, draft, revise, edit, and publish). Based on the Common Core requirements for writing, this poster set highlights the "trump traits" for each part of the process.
This product includes:
- An introductory page
- Six 8.5 x 11" PDF posters of writing process stages, each with an introductory explanation page:
- Pre-write (Ideas & Organization)
- Draft (Ideas, Organization, & Word Choice)
- Revise (Ideas, Organization, Voice, Word Choice, & Sentence Fluency)
- Edit (Conventions)
- Publish (All the traits +1)
- Six Smekens original Writing Traits Icons—placed in a Word document to copy & resize for your classroom use (NOTE: NOT for commercial use)
- Ideas—light bulb
- Organization—train cars (engine, middle car, caboose)
- Word Choice—bull's eye
- Sentence Fluency—phone & cell phone
NOTE: An extra page is included with a cell phone icon for sentence fluency.
Grades K-12, 12-page downloadable PDF (Acrobat) Document File + 8-page downloadable Word Document (Product Note: This is a digital item. A download link will be sent via email after purchase. No physical products will be shipped.)
Teachers are encouraged to make classroom sets of digital downloads. However, please refrain from sharing the download beyond your classroom.
The 6 Traits in the Writing Process Poster Set by Smekens Education Solutions, Inc. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at http://www.smekenseducation.com/.