The 6 Traits in the Writing Process Poster Set, Item: 538
The 6 Traits in the Writing Process Poster Set
by Kristina Smekens
To help students successfully negotiate their way through the writing process, demonstrate how the 6 Traits of Writing fit within each stage (pre-write, draft, revise, edit, and publish). Based on the Common Core requirements for writing, this poster set highlights the "trump traits" for each part of the process.
This product includes:
- An introductory page
- Six 8.5 x 11" PDF posters of writing process stages, each with an introductory explanation page:
- Pre-write (Ideas & Organization)
- Draft (Ideas, Organization, & Word Choice)
- Revise (Ideas, Organization, Voice, Word Choice, & Sentence Fluency)
- Edit (Conventions)
- Publish (All the traits +1)
- Six Smekens original Writing Traits Icons—placed in a Word document to copy & resize for your classroom use (NOTE: NOT for commercial use)
- Ideas—light bulb
- Organization—train cars (engine, middle car, caboose)
- Word Choice—bull's eye
- Sentence Fluency—phone & cell phone
NOTE: An extra page is included with a cell phone icon for sentence fluency.
Grades K-12, 12-page downloadable PDF (Acrobat) Document File + 8-page downloadable Word Document (Product Note: This is a digital item. No physical products will be shipped.)
Teachers are encouraged to make classroom sets of digital downloads. However, please refrain from sharing the download beyond your classroom.
The 6 Traits in the Writing Process Poster Set by Smekens Education Solutions, Inc. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at http://www.smekenseducation.com/.