Bounce Back Item: 819223
How to Be a Resilient Kid
by Wendy L. Moss, PhD
Think of a bouncing ball. When a bouncing ball hits the ground, it bounces back. That's what resilience means — the ability to bounce back from tough times.
Some people seem to just automatically bounce back. But the truth is that resilience is not something you are born with or not — it can be learned.
Bounce Back will help you find your bounce using cool quizzes, lots of advice, and practical strategies that build up resiliency skills.
You'll learn how to:
- get to know yourself better
- understand your emotions
- coach yourself with self-talk
- calm yourself when you are upset
- deal with decisions, disappointments, and new challenges
- handle situations that are under your control
- negotiate, compromise, and navigate social conflicts
- cope with or adjust to serious sources of stress
- ask for help and guidance
And much more! Being motivated to learn resiliency skills is a great first step toward acquiring them! This book will help you to be more resilient and keep on bouncing back!
Grades 3-6, 112 pages
We Also Recommend
Building Resilience in Students Impacted by Adverse Childhood Experiences Item: 319414