The Daily 5 (Second Edition) Item: 109743
The Daily 5 (Second Edition)ISBN:978-1-57110-974-3
Fostering Literacy Independence in the Elementary Grades
by Gail Boushey & Joan Moser
The Daily 5, Second Edition retains the core literacy components that made the first edition one of the most widely read books in education and enhances these practices based on years of further experience in classrooms and compelling new brain research. The individualized attention in small groups and one-on-one.
Teachers and schools implementing Daily 5 will do the following:
- Spend less time on classroom management and more time teaching
- Help students develop independence, stamina, and accountability
- Provide students with abundant time for practicing reading, writing, and math
- Increase the time teachers spend with students one-on-one and in small groups
- Improve school-wide achievement and success in literacy and math
The Daily 5, Second Edition gives teachers everything they need to launch and sustain the Daily 5, including materials and setup, model behaviors, detailed lesson plans, specific tips for implementing each component, and solutions to common challenges. By following this simple and proven structure, teachers can move from a harried classroom toward one that hums with productive and engaged learners.
Grades K-5, 208 pages