The Impact Cycle Item: 306865
The Impact Cycle
What Instructional Coaches Should Do to Foster Powerful Improvements in Teaching
by Jim Knight
Identify . . . Learn . . . Improve
When it comes to improving practice, few professional texts can rival the impact felt by Jim Knight’s Instructional Coaching. For hundreds of thousands of educators, Jim bridged the long-standing divide between staff room and classroom offering up a much a more collaborative, respectful, and efficient PD model for achieving instructional excellence.
Now, one decade of research and hundreds of in-services later, Jim takes that work a significant step further with The Impact Cycle: an all-new instructional coaching cycle to help teachers and, in turn, their students improve in clear, measurable ways.
Quintessential Jim, The Impact Cycle comes loaded with every possible tool to help you reach your coaching goals, starting with a comprehensive video program, robust checklists, and a model Instructional Playbook. Quickly, you’ll learn how to
- Interact and dialogue with teachers as partners
- Guide teachers to identify emotionally compelling, measurable, and student-focused goals
- Set coaching goals, plan strategies, and monitor progress for optimal impact
- Use documentary-style video and text-based case studies as models to promote maximum teacher clarity and proactive problem solving
- Streamline teacher enrollment, data collection, and deep listening
Jim writes, “When we grow, improve, and learn, when we strive to become a better version of ourselves, we tap into something deep in ourselves that craves that kind of growth.” Read The Impact Cycle and soon you’ll discover how you can continually refine your practice to help teachers and students realize their fullest potential.
Grades K-12, 288 pages