The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading Item: 161113
The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading
An Assess-Decide-Guide Framework for Supporting Every Reader
by Jan Richardson
Jan Richardson's highly anticipated update to the classic bestsellerThe Next Step in Guided Reading helps you and your students move forward.
In this resource-rich book, you'll find:
- All the planning and instructional tools you need to teach guided reading well, from a pre-A to fluent, organized around Richardson's proven Assess-Decide-Guide framework.
- Prompts, discussion starters, teaching points, word lists, intervention suggestions, and more to support all students, including dual language learners and struggling readers.
- 29 comprehension modules that cover essential strategies—monitoring, retelling, inferring, summarizing, and many others.
- Plus an online resource bank with dozens of downloadable assessment and record-keeping forms, Richardson's all-new, stage specific lesson plan templates.
- More than 50 videos showing Jan modeling key parts of guided reading lessons for every stage.
Grades K-8, 336 pages
**Sale prices subject to availability.