Trait Crate Plus, Grade 2 Item: 30440
Trait Crate Plus, Grade 2
by Ruth Culham
Using fiction and nonfiction children’s books as mentors, Trait Crate Plus adds new life and energy to the teaching of writing through thoughtful and creative lessons that are ready-to-use tomorrow. Everything you need is provided. Trait Crate Plus helps students learn and use the six traits—ideas, organization, voice, word choice, sentence fluency, and conventions—to improve specific skills in writing. With six all-new mentor texts per grade and 24 time-saving lessons, Ruth Culham’s Trait Crate Plus expands and enriches the reading-and-writing experience. In addition to the valuable features and components of the original Trait Crate this enhanced edition offers:
- An emphasis on modes — narrative, informational, and opinion—to help you address higher standards.
- A companion website that provides access to dozens of downloadable pages for students, video interviews with children’s authors, and student-friendly scoring guides.
- Culham’s bestseller The Writing Thief, which takes a deep dive into the theory and practice of using mentor texts to teach the craft of writing.
- Ideas: Tony Baloney, by Pam Munoz Ryan and Edwin Fotheringham
- Organization: Kenya: A to Z, by Justine and Ron Fontes
- Voice: Detective Blue, by Steve Metzger
- Word Choice: Gone with the Wand, by Margie Palatini
- Sentence Fluency: Hot Rod Hamster: Monster Truck Mania, by Cynthia Lord
- Conventions: The Whales, by Cynthia Rylant
We Also Recommend
6+1 Traits of Writing: The Complete Guide for the Primary Grades Item: 574129