Trait Crate Plus, Grade 4 Item: 837729
Trait Crate Plus, Grade 4
by Ruth Culham
Using fiction and nonfiction children’s books as mentors, Trait Crate Plus adds new life and energy to the teaching of writing through thoughtful and creative lessons that are ready-to-use tomorrow. Everything you need is provided. Trait Crate Plus helps students learn and use the six traits—ideas, organization, voice, word choice, sentence fluency, and conventions—to improve specific skills in writing. With six all-new mentor texts per grade and 24 time-saving lessons, Ruth Culham’s Trait Crate Plus expands and enriches the reading-and-writing experience. In addition to the valuable features and components of the original Trait Crate this enhanced edition offers:
- An emphasis on modes — narrative, informational, and opinion—to help you address higher standards.
- A companion website that provides access to dozens of downloadable pages for students, video interviews with children’s authors, and student-friendly scoring guides.
- Culham’s bestseller The Writing Thief, which takes a deep dive into the theory and practice of using mentor texts to teach the craft of writing.
- Ideas: If Kids Ran the World, by Leo and Diane Dillon
- Organization: Who Would Win? Whale vs. Giant Squid, by Jerry Pallotta
- Voice: Bugs in My Hair, by David Shannon
- Word Choice: The Three Little Pigs and the Somewhat Bad Wolf, by Mark Teague
- Sentence Fluency: Steve Jobs: A True Book, by Josh Gregory
- Conventions: Season of the Circle: A Native American Year, by Joseph Bruchac
We Also Recommend
6 + 1 Traits of Writing: The Complete Guide: Grades 3 and Up Item: 280389