The Trait Mate: 6-Traits Starter Lessons Digital Edition, Item: 502
The Trait Mate: 6-Traits Starter Lessons Digital Edition
20 Mini-Lessons to Jumpstart your Writing Instruction
by Kristina Smekens
Get started teaching writing with the 6 Traits with this collection of 20 classroom-tested mini-lessons that target some of the most common weaknesses plaguing student writing. Each single-page concept features a lesson plan, corresponding resources, suggested activities for an independent student writing time, and group-share ideas.
This product includes:
- 6 Traits of Writing Explanation Page
- 20 mini-lessons, each lesson including:
- Main Trait Focus
- Lesson rationale explaining the specific skill targeted and how the lesson addresses that skill.
- Mini-lesson guidelines—multi-paragraph explanation for how to present the mini-lesson.
- Independent Student Writing Time—interactive suggestion for how to have the students practice the skill presented in the mini-lesson.
- Group Share—suggestion for how to have students share how they’ve dabbled with the skill.
- Appropriate charts, graphic organizers, teacher examples, and student samples are included in each of the lessons.
Use Smekens Education's 6-Traits icons with each of these lessons.
NOTE: Icons are for classroom use only. NOT for commercial use.
Time: Twenty 10-15 minute mini-lessons. Each lesson includes a 15 to 30-minute independent writing activity suggestion and a 5-minute group-share option.
Grades K-12, 62-page downloadable PDF (Acrobat) Document File (Product Note: This is a digital item. No physical products will be shipped.)
Teachers are encouraged to make classroom sets of digital downloads. However, please refrain from sharing the download beyond your classroom.
The Trait Mate: 6-Traits Starter Lessons Digital Edition by Smekens Education Solutions, Inc. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Based on a work at http://www.smekenseducation.com/.