Visible Learning for Teachers Item: 690157
Visible Learning for Teacher
Maximizing Impact on Learning
by John Hattie
John Hattie's ground-breaking book Visible Learning synthesized the results of more than 15 years' research involving millions of students and represented the biggest ever collection of evidence-based research into what actually works in schools to improve learning.
Visible Learning for Teachers takes the next step and brings those ground breaking concepts to a completely new audience. Written for students, pre-service and in-service teachers, it explains how to apply the principles from Visible Learning to any classroom anywhere in the world. The author offers concise and user-friendly summaries of the most successful interventions and offers practical step-by-step guidance to the successful implementation of visible learning and visible teaching in the classroom.
- links the biggest ever research project on teaching strategies to practical classroom implementation;
- champions both teacher and student perspectives and contains step-by-step guidance including lesson preparation, interpreting learning and feedback during the lesson and post-lesson follow up;
- offers checklists, excercises, case studies and best practice scenarios to assist in raising achievement;
- includes whole school checklists and advice for school leaders on facilitating visible learning in their institution;
- now includes additional meta-analyses bringing the total cited within the research to over 900;
- comprehensively covers numerous areas of learning activity including pupil motivation, curriculum, meta-cognitive strategies, behaviour, teaching strategies and classroom management.
Visible Learning for Teachers is a must read for any student or teacher who wants an evidence-based answer to the question: 'how do we maximize achievement in our schools?'
Grades K-12, 280 pages