Words Their Way Word Sorts for Letter Name-Alphabetic Spellers, 3rd Ed Item: 529790
Words Their Way Word Sorts for Letter Name-Alphabetic Spellers, 3rd EdISBN: 9780134529790
by Francine Johnston, Donald R. Bear, Marcia Invernizzi, Shane Templeton
The third edition of this stage-specific companion volume to Words Their Way: Word Study for Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling Instruction provides a complete curriculum of reproducible sorts and detailed directions for the teacher working with students in the letter name-alphabetic stage of spelling. The active hands-on word sorting approach to word study involves students in thinking about letters and sounds as they learn about consonants and short vowels. Here you will find the tools you need for week-by-week implementation of word study.
This third edition includes:
- A new format and expanded directions for each lesson designed to help teachers engage students in active thinking and discussion.
- Notes for the teacher in each unit to offer literature connections, background information and objectives, as well as teaching tips and ideas for extending the word sort lesson though practice and application.
- New placement and pacing guides to help teachers target instruction for maximum effect.
- 11 new sorts for a total of 60 reproducibles, including coverage of the most challenging consonants and preconsonantal nasals.
- Goal setting forms and unit spell checks to plan instruction and monitor student progress. Clear guidelines are offered in each unit for interpreting pre- and posttest scores.
Grades K-3, 160 pages
We Also Recommend
25 Fun Phonics Plays for Beginning Readers Item: 103398