Chart Sense for Writing Item: 950528
Chart Sense for Writing
Over 70 Common Sense Charts with Tips and Strategies to Teach 3-8 Writing
by Rozlyn Linder
Chart Sense for Writing is the companion to the best-selling Chart Sense: Common Sense Charts to Teach 3-8 Informational Text and Literature. This resource is for elementary and middle school teachers who are ready to create meaningful, standards-based charts with their students. The same charts that Rozlyn creates with students when she models and teaches writing in classrooms across the nation are all included here. Packed with over seventy photographs, Chart Sense for Writing is an invaluable guide for novice or veteran teachers who want authentic visuals to reinforce and provide guidance for the writing classroom. Organized in a simply, easy-to-use format, Rozlyn shares multiple charts for each writing standard.
At over 190 pages, this book is filled with actual charts, step-by-step instructions to create your own, teaching tips, and instructional strategies.
This practical resource includes:
- Over seventy photographs of teacher-tested charts and examples
- Easy to navigate chapters, organized by the 3-8 writing standards
- Step-by-step instructions to create each chart
- Teaching notes and instructional strategies
- Ideas and tips for scaffolding and differentiation
- ...and MORE!
Grades 3-8, 198 pages