Chart Sense Gr 3-8
Chart Sense Gr 3-8ISBN: 978-0-9889505-1-1
Common Sense Charts to Teach 3-8 Informational Text and Literature
by Rozlyn Linder
Chart Sense is the ultimate resource for elementary and middle school teachers who are ready to create meaningful, standards-based charts with their students. The same charts that Rozlyn creates with students when she models and teaches in classrooms across the nation are all included here. Packed with over sixty-five photographs, Chart Sense is an invaluable guide for novice or veteran reading teachers who want authentic visuals to reinforce and provide guidance for reading skills. Organized in a simple, easy-to-use format, Rozlyn shares multiple charts for every reading informational text and literature standard.
At over 180 pages, this book is filled with actual charts, step-by-step instructions to create your own, teaching tips, and instructional strategies.
This practical resource includes:
- Over sixty-five photographs of teacher-tested charts and examples
- Easy to navigate chapters, organized by the 3-8 reading standards
- Step-by-step instructions to create each chart
- Teaching notes and instructional strategies
- Ideas and tips for scaffolding and differentiation
Grades 3-8, 182 pages