Trait Trackers Cards Item: 116
Trait Trackers Cards: Tracking the 6 Traits in 20 Popular Children's Books
This updated resource by Kristina Smekens makes it easy to use picture books as mentor text by "tracking" when and how the Six Traits appear in 20 popular titles. One bookmark-sized card is included for each mentor text that cites, page by page, the Six Traits in action.
Each mentor text card tells you what skills you can teach for that text, gives examples of those skills in action, and lists what page in the book to find each example.
Trait Trackers help K-12 teachers:
- Use children’s books to teach the Six Traits of writing during read alouds.
- Develop skill-based mini-lessons using selected children’s books.
- Utilize book excerpts that support individual traits.
Grades K-12, Each set includes: 1 introduction card + 1 overview card + 20 mentor text cards (one for each book). Each card measures 2 3/4" x 8 1/2" and is printed on durable card stock
Track the Traits in these popular titles:
- Arnie the Doughnut
- Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type
- Come On, Rain!
- Diary of a Worm
- Fancy Nancy
- Harriet, You’ll Drive Me Wild!
- Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse
- The Napping House
- Night Noises
- Piggie Pie!
- The Polar Express
- Rattletrap Car
- The Recess Queen
- The Relatives Came
- Saturday Night at the Dinosaur Stomp
- Saturdays and Teacakes
- When Sophie Gets Angry--Really, Really, Angry . . .
- Wilfrid Gordon McDonald Partridge